Medical Billing Account Representative
|Job title:||Medical Billing Account Representative|
|Salary:||Commensurate with Experience|
|Company:||Primary Care Health Partners|
• Answers incoming patient calls via automated queue
• Provides oversight and accountability for specific physician practice AR.
• Reviews and submits charges as necessary for physician practice
• Responsible for other assigned services as requested
• Reviews all exceptions and re-points as necessary.
• Acts as liaison for assigned physician practice.
• Conducts denial and audit resolution in a timely manner.
• Provides financial and AR reporting for physician practice and Management.
• Coding resource as necessary for physician practice and chart audits.
• Works effectively with Billing Manager, Billing Staff, Managers, and Practitioners as necessary.
• Provides coverage in absence of staff as necessary in all areas.
Works administratively and strategically to integrate all policies, procedures, and regulations. Keep Billing team, Manager and physician practice updated on the latest releases of eligibility, prior auth, coding, ICD10, CPT, and other changes related to requirements and regulations.
• Work closely with the Billing Manager to assess and maximize success for physician practices. Duties include serving as a resource for coding and managed care questions; providing educational options for providers and staff in coding/billing issues; ensuring appropriate billing and collection procedures; ensuring accounts receivable accuracy and compliance; provide timely rejections reports and feedback to Physician sites as necessary or requested.
• Oversee and address billing functions appropriately. Address billing concerns with patients as necessary. Assist with billing and coding issues as necessary.
Answer and triage phone calls to appropriate Rep as necessary.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Performs annual audit reviews for each practitioner to ensure accurate coding.
Other duties as indicated or required
Demonstrate good communication skills in speaking and writing.
Perform with tact and diplomacy at all times in handling inquires.
Ensure all communication is documented in appropriate area for professional team to review on billing system.
Maintain and foster communication with the management team, as indicated to support goals, objectives and philosophies.
Routinely meet with the Billing Manager and billing staff as scheduled to solve issues and share information regarding physician site operations and Billing dept.
Assist patients, insurance companies and other health care personnel with timely, courteous and accurate information.
Perform other duties as required.
Associates degree in business or related field or an equivalent in education and experience in health care billing field. CPC plus but not required. Must be self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision and direction. Skills in oral and written communication. Knowledge of computer applications for medical billing, financial data, spreadsheets, and word processing.
Requires corrected vision, hearing and speaking to normal range.. Deals largely with preparing and analyzing data and figures, computer terminal, extensive reading, visual inspection.
Ability to convey/receive detailed information through written and oral communication.
Repetitive motions of the wrist, hand, and/or fingertips.
Stooping, kneeling, reaching, pushing, pulling and lifting to 10 pounds.
Sedentary work with occasional walking or standing.
The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Back to Position List